Sun, 14 May|
Mental health continuum - Mental health awareness month
10:30 AM to 12 PM EST
Time & Location
14 May, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm GMT-4
About the Event
May is Mental Health Awareness Month
In this special month, we aim to raise the Happiness quotient & reverse the rise in depression by,
- Raising awareness about mental health and the continuum,
- Reducing the stigma associated with mental illness,
- Promoting help-seeking behaviors and practices for mental hygiene and,
- Preventing suicide through education and outreach events.
- What is Mental Health
- Understanding the Mental Health Continuum (more details)
- Identifying early signs of depression
- Internal and External factors that lead to depression
- Introduction to MiND EngineeringTM
- Seeking & giving support
- 21 days of conscious living: self-help practices for Mental Hygiene
Note: The program will have an activity-based practical approach, and exercise to define a continuum with actionable points for individuals.
About the Program
- The program will consist of awareness, interactions, self-assessments, and experiential learning-based activities. It will not be a monotonous one-way session.
If participating as an organization,
- You will be able to identify which employee falls under which segment of the continuum and provide personalized focus to those individuals who need attention.
- You will be able to qualify for the Companies that Care for Mental Health certification.
Mental Health - A Global Concern
- According to World Health Organisation (WHO), Depression will be the biggest mental health illness by 2030.
- Over 280 million people suffer from depression, and over 800,000 individuals in the age group 15-29 years commit suicide every year making it the 2nd leading reason for death.
- The global economy incurs US $1 Trillion per year in productivity due to depression and anxiety.
We are a Presidential-award winning team having prowess in personality research by studying cognitive science and human behavior. We personalize mental well-being to help organizations achieve their happiness, productivity, and wellness goals. Our journey into the research space of neuroscience has helped us design our programs and solutions better. We are part of the World Federation of Mental Health and have received the AI World Award for the use of AI in Health & Medicine.